NYAMATA LABORATORY OF SARTORIA AND KNITWEAR
In spring 2017 the “Terzo Mondo” Solidarity Association Onlus, thanks also to the support received from the Association of social promotion “Amici di We love Football”, financed the purchase of machines for a tailoring and knitting workshop at the former orphanage in Nyamata, Rwanda: 12 pedal sewing machines, 1 electric, 1 electric for edging and 4 knitting machines.
In June 2017, the first free sewing and knitting course for poor girls started with the aim of giving them a working perspective.
It is an expanding sector in Rwanda, also favored by a government provision that limits its concerns from abroad.
The sewing and knitting courses last one year and take place over three days during the week.
From January 2018 it has been programmed also in the course of sewing for a fee (alternating with the free course already in place). During the moments when the machines are not used by the students, the nuns produce garments and accessories for sale.
As a consequence the income of the course is sold self-financing of the laboratory.
PLAY TO WIN, TOGETHER!
Project supported by the AMICI DI WE LOVE FOOTBALL and WELOVERWANDA in collaboration with the Association of Solidarity TERZO MONDO Onlus.
Fight against early school leaving and juvenile delinquency in Rwanda
The project takes place in the Prevention of early school leaving and juvenile delinquency through extracurricular education and sports activity in the city of Kigali. In particular, the project is implemented for schools in the district of BUGESERA, in the eastern province of Rwanda.
• Create permanent information activities that will attract the attention of anyone who transmits the harmful effects of the use of drugs, prostitution, child crime.
• Disseminate the message in the values of Rwandan culture to the population (estimated at about 450,000 people) of the district of BUGESERA and its surroundings.
• Create a permanent fund in each school, with the help of financial partners and / or benefactors, to ensure that every year they deal with inter-school tournaments and cultural activities to prevent school dropouts and juvenile delinquency.
- Preparation of the laboratory for the launch of the project.
- Dissemination of information tools through advertising banners and voice transmissions.
- Organization of the tournament and of the socio-cultural activities proposed during the event up to the day of the awards.
- Follow-up of activities with intermediate and final evaluations of the project.
If you believe in our projects, help us!
You can pay your contribution to:
C/C INTESTATED TO “AMICI DI WE LOVE FOOTBALL”
BANCA UNICREDIT, FILIALE BOLOGNA INDIPENDENZA
CAUSAL: Rwanda – PLAY,TO WIN TOGETHER DA (YOUR DENOMINATION AND TAX CODE)
For more information and to join the projects read here: http://welovefootball.eu/solidarieta-wlf/
– FOLLOW US –
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
SIGN UP TO OUR NEWSLETTER: